ShoutOUT is a full-featured messaging app with voice dictation. Speak your text messages or Facebook and Twitter updates and see the results in seconds—there's no faster way to create and send messages.
ShoutOUT allows you to send and receive text messages at a cost far lower than the standard rates charged by mobile operators. For outbound messages, keyboard entered messages are free and unlimited, and you pay only pennies per message for voice-generated texts. All inbound messages are free and unlimited.
ShoutOUT allows you to send and receive messages, with full texting capabilities including:
- Inbox and outbox
- Discussions threaded by recipient
- Status updates on Facebook and Twitter
- Push notification of incoming messages
- Thumbnail images for all your contacts
- FREE and UNLIMITED typed messages
- Pay only pennies for voice-generated messages
- All received messages are FREE
- High accuracy speech recognition
- Fully automated, real-time transcription—see text results in seconds
- SmartWord™ editing—tap a word to see and select from likely alternatives
- Speakable punctuation—just say "exclamation point" or "question mark"
- Large font option and landscape mode make ShoutOUT a great multitasking tool
- Headset support
How much does ShoutOUT cost?
ShoutOUT costs less than what most carriers charge for ordinary text messages. The initial download includes 25 voice-to-text credits. After that, you can top up with voice credits for pennies per message. Voice credit bundles:
- 50 for $1.99
- 150 for $3.99
- 250 for $4.99
Do I use up a credit every time I use voice to edit a message?
No. One voice message = one voice credit, no matter how many times you speak before sending your message.
Keyboard-entered text messages are FREE with ShoutOUT right?
Yes they are.
What about privacy?
ShoutOUT speech recognition is fully automated and learns over time—the transcription that appears on your handset is created with no human intervention whatsoever. ShoutOUT does not upload your contacts to any server.
How accurate is ShoutOUT?
ShoutOUT is based on state-of-the-art speech recognition technology, optimized for North American English. For best results, hold the phone 3 to 6 inches from your mouth or use your wired headset equipped with a microphone, and speak in a clear, normal voice. Avoid background noise, and note that recognition of unusual proper names can be difficult.
Which mobile carriers are supported?
ShoutOUT works on all major US and Canadian carriers.
- US: Alltel, AT&T Wireless, Boost, Centennial Wireless, iPCS, Nextel, Sprint, T-Mobile, Unicel, Verizon Wireless, Virgin Mobile
- Canada: Bell Mobility, Rogers, Telus, Virgin Mobile Canada