ShoutOUT is a full-featured messaging app with voice addressing and dictation. Speak your text messages and see the results in seconds—there's no faster way to create and send messages.
ShoutOUT allows you to send and receive text messages at your convenience, and is especially useful when you're on the go, and don't have two free hands for typing.
ShoutOUT for Android is fully integrated into the phone's messaging service. It includes:
- Voice addressing
- Discussions threaded by recipient
- Thumbnail images for all your contacts
- Incoming and outgoing messages appear in the application
- Free to use
- High accuracy speech recognition
- Fully automated, real-time transcription—see text results in seconds
- Onboard voice addressing that integrates to your contact list—your contact list is never uploaded to a server
- SmartWord™ editing—see alternatives to transcribed text
- Speakable punctuation—just say "exclamation point" or "question mark"
- Large font option and landscape mode make ShoutOUT a great multitasking tool
How accurate is ShoutOUT?
ShoutOUT is based on state-of-the-art speech recognition technology, optimized for North American English. For best results, hold the phone 3 to 6 inches from your mouth, and speak in a clear, normal voice. Avoid background noise, and note that recognition of unusual proper names can be difficult.
What about privacy?
ShoutOUT speech recognition is fully automated and learns over time—the transcription that appears on your handset is created with no human intervention whatsoever. ShoutOUT does not upload your contacts to any server.